This learning series with Martha Cannon provides a practical approach to the investigation of cats presenting with anaemia and/or jaundice.
It reviews the most common causes of regenerative and non-regenerative anaemia and hepatic and post-hepatic jaundice in cats and explores the treatment options open to the general practitioner.
Topics covered include:
- Interpretation of the feline haemogram
- Common causes of regenerative and non-regenerative anaemia in cats
- Practical tips on collection of bone marrow samples
- How to give a blood transfusion in practice
- Common causes of hepatic and post-hepatic jaundice in the cat
- Diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory liver diseases / cholangitis, acute pancreatitis and hepatic lipidosis
In association with...