What personal data we collect
- Personal details such as name and date of birth
- Contact details such as email address, home address, telephone number
- Professional details such as business address, work contact details, role
- Photographs and filmed footage
- Course attendance
- Details of website engagement
- Any comments/reviews on the website
Why do we collect your data
- Your data is used to contact you in regards to CPD you are undertaking or have previously undertaken with us, either in person or online.
- To provide and process invoices and payment
- To allow us to analyse the services we offer
- Marketing purposes for anything directly relevant to the basis of our relationship with you in regards to providing CPD and any other material we deem to be relevant.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Sharing your information with third parties
In order to provide you with our services we may have to share your data with some selected third parties service providers. These include,
- Payment providers (including online payment providers and fraud detection providers): IT service providers (including cloud providers): for the purposes of data storage and analysis;
- Customer support partners: who will help us to resolve any issues you may have with our services; and
- Marketing and advertising partners who may send you marketing material on our behalf.
- Our course supporters from within the veterinary profession whose services we feel you could directly benefit from.
- If we feel it may be beneficial for you to have contact from a third party for marketing purposes not directly linked to our service, your permission will be required before any data is shared.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- Your data will be stored for the length of time we deem necessary, unless otherwise requested directly by you to remove your data from our database.
- Any personal data can be requested to be removed from the database once you are no longer actively using our services for CPD provision, as we will require your contact details to allow us to directly contact you in regards to any attendance courses or online courses you are participating in.
- You can unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- You have the right to object to our use of your personal information
- You can request a copy of the data we hold for you, update it, have it deleted, as well as the right to be forgotten.
- Full details of all of your rights in regards to GDPR can be found here
How do we protect your personal data
- Our websites use SSL encryption to ensure your data is protected.
- Our payment processing systems are PCI-DSS compliant
- All personal data is securely stored and regularly audited
- We have no access to your passwords- we have the ability to change your password at your request, but we then recommend you change the password securely at your earliest convenience.
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) using the following details:
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone number: 0303 123 1113
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
We respect your privacy and appreciate that many others out there do not. We therefore do everything we can to give you peace of mind and allow you to subscribe with confidence.
- We are committed to safeguarding your privacy and security. Any personal information that we obtain about you through your dealings with us will be processed, stored and disposed of in compliance with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfilment.
- We electronically store details of your name, address, contact details and previous order information.
- You have a right to request details about your personal data that we store and a right to demand correction, blocking or deletion of that data.
- We will never pass your personal information to anyone else without your permission or unless directed to by the UK Government or Law Enforcement Agencies.
- All information is held securely, for example locked or password protected.
- All information is destroyed, for example by shredding, before being disposed of.
- You are responsible for the security of your password.
- We cannot access your password details.
- We may occasionally collect information about where you are on the internet including browser type, country of origin, internet service provider, the pages you visited in our website and any search terms you specified. This information is only to help us improve your experience, help process your order and to ensure that we can optimise your experience by notifying you (with your permission) of offers or new items that may be of interest.
- Data Protection Act Central CPD Ltd are compliant with the data protection act. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties not directly associated with the running of our services.