A seven-part learning series for vets with specialist Fiona Adam.
Does your practice offer senior health checks? Should we health screen older patients routinely?
While age is not a disease, many diseases are seen more commonly in aged patients. The UK’s canine population is reported to be ageing, and senior patients are a very important part of small animal practice.
This series of lectures looks at approaches to common presentations such as weight loss and coughing, and discusses in more detail some of the diseases seen more frequently in the older dog: USMI, geriatric-onset laryngeal polyneuropathy and old dog vestibular syndrome.
Topics covered include:
- Blood work abnormalities – when to worry
- Approach to weight loss in the older dog
- Approach to coughing in the older dog
- Hypothyroidism and Cushings syndrome
- Peeing problems – chronic kidney disease, prostate disease and urinary incontinence
- Old-dog vestibular syndrome
In association with...