This is a series of four lectures with Dr Sarah Heath, suitable for both vets and nurses, considering the relationship between physical and emotional health, and the potential for distress to play a part in the aetiology of certain medical conditions, such as feline idiopathic cystitis (FIC).
The role of pain in behavioural presentations will also be discussed. A behavioural approach to the investigation of feline medical cases will be outlined, with advice on how to consider emotional factors when taking a history and how to advise clients so that they can meet their cat’s environmental needs and optimise their emotional health.
Topics covered include:
- The link between feline distress and physical disease
- The link between pain and behaviour
- Investigation of behavioural factors in feline medicine case
- Feline environmental needs
- How to advise clients in relation to the reduction of feline distress in the home
In association with...