Chickens are increasingly presenting in small animal practice due to their increased popularity as a back yard pet.
This learning series covers all aspects of chicken medicine from vaccination and prophylaxis strategies to emergency care and basic surgical and anaesthetic techniques. The aim of the learning series is to give the confidence to approach these cases with success.
The learning series by Victoria Roberts contains four videos including practical demonstrations and case studies.
Topics covered include:
- Welfare, husbandry and health
- History taking, anatomy and clinical exam
- Common diseases, treatment and drug administration
- Relevant medicines legislation including notifiable diseases
- Emergency and critical care. Euthanasia
- Anaesthesia, analgesia and surgery