A six-part learning series for vets with specialist Benito de la Puerta.
Brachycephalic breeds are now some of the most common breeds we see in general practice. This series covers not only BOAS surgical procedures but also the other challenging conditions and corrective surgeries that are commonly associated with these breeds.
Beginning with pre-surgical assessment and stabilisation, the series moves on to cover specific surgical procedures and how to identify what is required in each case in order to provide clinical improvement and a better quality of life for these patients.
Topics covered include:
- Pre-operative assessment and stabilisation
- BOAS surgeries – aplasty, palatoplasty, laryngeal sacculectomy, rhinoplasty
- Laryngeal and tracheal surgeries – including arytenoid lateralisation and tracheostomy
- Ear Surgery – total ear canal ablation (TECA)
- Skinfold resection surgery
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Emergency interventions
- Postoperative care and the recovery period
In association with...