Brachycephalic breeds are now some of the most common breeds we see in general practice.
This course with Terry Emmerson from North Downs Specialist Referrals, covers not only the BOAS surgical procedures but also other challenging conditions and corrective surgeries that are commonly associated with these breeds.
Starting with pre-surgical assessment and stabilisation, the course moves on to the specific surgical procedures and how to identify what is required in each case to provide clinical improvement and a better quality of life for these patients.
Topics to be covered include:
- Pre-operative assessment and stabilisation
- BOAS surgeries – aplasty, palatoplasty, laryngeal sacculectomy, rhinoplasty
- Laryngeal and tracheal surgeries – including arytenoid lateralisation and tracheostomy
- Ear Surgery – total ear canal ablation (TECA)
- Skin fold resection surgery
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Emergency interventions
- Post–operative care and the recovery period.
In association with...