With the surge in popularity of many brachycephalic breeds, including the French Bulldog (now the most popular breed in the UK), we are increasingly being asked to treat the challenging conditions and abnormalities that these dogs frequently suffer from.
This four-part series with Laurent Findji covers the pre-surgical assessment of brachycephalic dogs, how to perform BOAS corrective surgeries and other related procedures in general practice, with the goal of providing clinical improvements in these patients.
Topics covered include:
- BOAS corrective surgeries - aplasty, palatoplasty, larygeal sacculectomy
- Laryngeal surgery - including arytenoid lateralisation
- Tracheal surgery - temporary tracheostomy, permanent tracheostomy, tracheal resections
- GI Tract surgery - hiatal hernia repair
- Post-operative considerations
In association with...