Nosocomial infections – How can we stop them?
And as veterinary nurses how can we ensure that our clients and colleagues are reducing the risks of transmitting these infections?
This learning series lectured by Alison Mann, looks at different aspects and considerations for infection control within the practice setting.
Topics covered include:
- Best theatre practice, including staff attire and its impact on patient safety
- Patient preparation for catheter placement and surgical procedures
- Importance and techniques for appropriate hand hygiene
- Cleaning and disinfection, including the selection of disinfectants
- The VNs role in reducing antimicrobial resistance in practice and the incidence of multidrug resistant infections
- Significance of zoonotic diseases in relation to raw feeding
- Biosecurity concerns around raw feeding in the hospital environment and measures that should be taken when nursing patients being fed raw diets
In association with...