A five-part learning series with Nicola Lakeman. Veterinary nurses are perfectly placed to manage the nutritional requirements of inpatients, as well as give valuable advice to increasingly-confused clients about what they should actually be feeding their pets.
Beginning by looking at how to make a nutritional assessment, this learning series moves on to cover how to calculate feeding amounts, deciding on the most appropriate diet, as well as long-term monitoring.
Specific nutritional cases are looked at: how and what to feed, as well as how to successfully set up weight clinics and deal with the obesity problem.
Topics covered include:
- Critical care nutrition and tube feeding
- Calculations of RERs
- Obesity – what to feed, behavioural aspects and when not to diet
- Development of nutritional plans – including what to do when clients don’t want to follow your recommendations or the pet won’t eat it!
- Weight clinics – how to organise and successfully implement them in your practice
- Raw feeding – the facts and the fiction
In association with...