This is a four-part learning series with Rachel Perry on dentistry for veterinary nurses.
This learning series looks at the nurse’s role in small animal dentistry and how to bring this important subject to the forefront in practice. It covers periodontal disease, oral and dental examination, as well as dental instruments and their maintenance.
It also discusses dental clinics; aiming to give viewers the confidence to establish these effectively in their practices.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding & identifying normal dentition in the dog & cat
- Understanding how to perform a thorough oral & dental examination
- Being able to create & interpret a completed dental chart
- Understanding the pathogenesis of periodontal disease
- Perform safe & effective treatments - including scaling, polishing & subgingival debridement
- Identify & provide correct maintenance for a variety of dental instruments
- How to set up effective dental clinics & make recommendations on effective home-care
- Dental radiography
In association with...