An extensive learning series containing 7 videos with specialist Rachel Perry covering all aspects of dentistry nursing as outlined below:
Dentistry for Nurses Series:
This learning series looks at the nurse’s role in small animal dentistry and how to bring this important subject to the forefront in practice. It covers periodontal disease, oral and dental examination as well as dental instruments and their maintenance. It also covers dental clinics aiming to give viewers the confidence to establish these effectively in their practices.
Dentistry Radiography for Nurses Series:
Dental radiography is at a tipping point in veterinary practice as more and more practices rightly acknowledge its importance and make worthwhile investments. All veterinary practices providing small animal dental services should have access to and use dental radiography on a routine basis. Nurses can become actively involved in, and highly proficient at generating diagnostic full mouth dental radiographs of cats and dogs. This ensures detection of all relevant pathology in the pets’ mouth that might otherwise be missed and allows vets to ascertain an accurate diagnosis and then perform the correct treatment.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding & identifying normal dentition in the dog & cat
- Understanding how to perform a thorough oral & dental examination
- Being able to create & interpret a completed dental chart
- Understanding the pathogenesis of periodontal disease
- Perform safe & effective treatments - including scaling, polishing & subgingival debridement
- Identify & provide correct maintenance for a variety of dental instruments
- How to set up effective dental clinics & make recommendations on effective home-care
- Dental radiography
- Why do we take dental radiographs?
- How do we generate diagnostic dental radiographs?
- When do we take dental radiographs?
- Parallel and bisecting angle techniques
- Is it diagnostic? If not, what went wrong?
In association with...