Tibial plateau levelling osteotomies have become popular techniques for the treatment of canine cranial cruciate ligament disease: whilst it is more invasive than some of the other techniques, there is some evidence that it may produce better results than other surgeries in the long term.
This learning series covers the pathophysiology of cranial cruciate ligament disease, the biomechanics of TPLO and surgical planning.
Topics covered include:
- Biomechanics of the cruciate ligament deficient stifle and TPLO
- Patient assessment and the selection of candidates for TPLO
- Pre-operative surgical planning and implant selection
- Familiarisation with and appropriate use of instrumentation
- Postoperative management of patients
- Potential complications - how to avoid them and how to deal with them
In association with...