A learning series of six videos for vets with specialist Alex Forward.
The series aims to provide you with the confidence to accurately localise lesions and form a succinct list of differential diagnoses when presented with neurology cases.
Alex begins with a re-cap of the neurological examination before embarking on a case-based, interactive approach to the most frequently encountered neurological conditions. The most common intracranial, spinal and neuromuscular emergencies are discussed, and you will learn not only when to refer but also what can be done in first opinion practice when referral isn’t an option.
Topics covered include:
- The neurological exam and how to localise lesions
- Seizures – what to do and when, and how to manage status epilepticus
- Spinal emergencies – common causes of ataxia, paralysis and spinal pain
- Vestibular syndrome – peripheral vs central causes
- Intracranial emergencies including head trauma, cerebrovascular accidents and infectious/inflammatory diseases
- Neurotoxins and management of these cases
- Neuromuscular emergencies
- What to do when referral isn’t an option
In association with...