A learning series of five videos with Roger Powell – RCVS Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Pathology.
Correct sample handling and analysis can be key in the diagnosis of many diseases frequently encountered in practice. In the busy veterinary clinic, vet nurses play an important role in the preparation of different types of samples for external labs, as well in the often under-utilised skill of in-house analysis.
This learning series aims to give vet nurses the skills to be able to make diagnostic blood smears and check cytology slides. It introduces standardised urine analysis to maximise the amount of information just 1ml of urine can provide. We also highlight some of the common pitfalls in haematology, illustrated with case examples, and identification of how to avoid them.
Topics covered include:
- Microscopy – care and getting the most out of your microscope
- How to make, stain and examine diagnostic blood smears
- Standardised urinalysis
- In vitro sampling – what to use and when
- How to spot errors and artefacts
- Case-based examples and illustrations
In association with...