A five-part lecture series for nurses delivered by Paul Aldridge.
Schedule 3 of the Veterinary Surgeons Act allows registered veterinary nurses to perform acts of minor surgery under veterinary supervision. This learning series gives an introduction to the typical procedures covered by this legislation.
The initial management of traumatic wounds will is discussed, along with the decision-making process of why, when, and how we close these wounds. Some specific procedures will also be outlined.
Topics covered include:
- Initial management of traumatic wounds – lavage and debridement
- Suture material selection, suture patterns & instrumentation
- Suturing skills – how to close traumatic wounds
- Surgical drains – why we use them & how we place them
- Ear & tail injuries – management & amputation
In association with...