The effective management of pain, be it acute or chronic, is an important and essential part of small animal clinical practice. Pain can have a serious and long-lasting impact on our patients; having a negative effect on their quality of life and prolonging recovery from surgery and illness.
This video series covers aspects of the pathophysiology of pain, the tools we have available to help us assess pain, and will help you develop effective management regimes for your patients in practice.
Topics covered include:
- Pathophysiology of acute and chronic pain in cats and dogs
- Tools available to assess pain and monitor response to treatment
- Treatment options available for the management of acute pain in practice
- How to develop strategies for managing chronic pain in cats & dogs
- Drug selection
- The incorporation of acupuncture and other adjunctive therapies
In association with...