Point Of Care UltraSound (POCUS) or Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma/Triage (FAST) have become essential imaging techniques in the triage of emergency patients.
These low-stress and simple to learn techniques can be performed with even the most basic equipment and can save lives.
This learning series with Tom Towey covers scanning of the abdomen and the thorax and will teach you how to help triage (and treat) various conditions such as haemoabdomens and pleural effusions.
Topics covered include:
- Basics of ultrasonography and the ultrasound machine
- How to identify abdominal organs
- Abdominal fluid assessment and pathology
- Thoracic ultrasonography for pleural space diseases
- Thoracic ultrasonography for pulmonary diseases
- Cardiac ultrasonography for feline and canine heart disease
In association with...