A five-part learning series with Rachel Perry covering dentistry for the general practitioner.
Dentistry is a very important part of practice life, from a time and income perspective, as well as in terms of general animal welfare, yet it is often the discipline practitioners like the least.
This learning series aims to significantly improve your practical dentistry skills as well as reignite your enthusiasm.
Topics covered include:
- Understand the clinical indications for extractions, including reviewing relevant alternatives
- Review relevant dental and oral anatomy
- Understand the principles involved in closed and open (surgical) extraction techniques
- Understand the benefits and risks of/and practise regional anaesthesia (dental nerve blocks)
- Extractions on cadaver specimens concentrating on the ‘big 4’- canines and carnassials in the dog
- Review surgical principles of mucogingivoperiosteal flap creation
- Understand how to avoid extraction complications
- Learn how to retrieve root tips
In association with...