Veterinary Care Assistant Academy
London. SE17 3BN
Over 20 hours of CPD for just £195
As practice-life becomes busier, veterinary care assistants and other supporting roles are increasingly relied upon to assist the team with ensuring the smooth running of the veterinary clinic.
This interactive, one-day course aims to broaden skills for all VCAs, helping to expand upon key knowledge and expertise required for everyday general practice, and enhance confidence to allow VCAs to provide gold-standard patient care.
A combination of theory and practical sessions will explore the important role that VCAs play in practice and assist with building competence in core areas, thus allowing VCAs to efficiently support the practice team.
The theoretical components of this course aim to refresh knowledge in many aspects of veterinary care before moving on to hands-on practical sessions that will give the opportunity to put into practice the techniques discussed within the lectures.
Topics to be covered include:
- Infection control and sterilisation
- Preparation for surgical procedures and consultations
- Handling and restraint
- Animal behaviour and creating a stress-free hospital environment
- Common illnesses and how to provide care for these patients
- Common veterinary procedures and how VCAs can provide assistance
- Husbandry for different in-patient species
- In-patient monitoring techniques
This course is a part of our Veterinary Care Assistant Academy. On purchase of this course, VCAs will also be given additional access to over 16 hours of video lectures designed to further skills and knowledge in the core topics required for general practice.
For more information on the online aspect of this Academy please visit our On-Demand platform.
Kindly Supported by