Schedule 3 Surgical Procedures for Nurses
204a Manor Place,
London. SE17 3BN
Schedule 3 of the Veterinary Surgeons Act allows registered veterinary nurses to perform acts of minor surgery under veterinary supervision. This highly practical cadaver-based course aims to give an introduction to the typical procedures covered under this legislation, allowing delegates to gain confidence in their surgical skills in a relaxed setting. The initial management of traumatic wounds will be covered, along with the decision making process of why, when, and how we close these wounds. Some specific procedures will also be outlined and performed.
Topics to be covered include:
• Initial management of traumatic wounds – lavage and debridement
• Suture material selection, suture patterns, and instrumentation
• Suturing skills – how to close traumatic wounds
• Surgical drains – why we use them & how we place them
• Ear and tail injuries – management and amputation
*Please Note: This is a cadaver-based course*
This course is now sold out. We still have limited availability for the same course on 12th October here.
If, however, you would like to be added to the waitlist for this course and informed about any future dates for priority booking, please register below: