- You cannot add "Practical Wound Management and Surgical Oncology" to the basket because the product is out of stock.
Practical Wound Management and Surgical Oncology
204a Manor Place,
London. SE17 3BN
Please note: This course is now fully booked.
To be placed on our waiting list or be informed of new dates, please register your interest below.
With the use of cadavers, this highly practical course will focus on surgical wound management techniques that are useful in everyday surgery as well as more advanced reconstructive surgery and surgical oncology. Practical sessions in tension-relieving techniques, skin flaps, and grafts will ensure delegates are confident to take their wound management skills straight back to practice.
Surgical oncology principles will also be covered, to improve surgical planning, and ultimately better decision-making for the patient. Practical sessions will include how best to deal with common tumours in difficult locations including reconstruction in awkward places – the face, perineum, and extremities.
Topics to be covered include:
- Flaps, grafts and tension-relieving techniques
- Why some wounds refuse to heal, and how some common reconstruction problems might be avoided
- Surgical oncology principles and planning
- Common tumours in difficult locations and how best to deal with them including reconstruction in awkward places – the face, perineum, and lower extremities