Practical Orthopaedics: Cranial Closing Wedge Osteotomy (CCWO)
204a Manor Place,
London. SE17 3BN
Brought to you by:
Central CPD is delighted to be partnering with Securos Orthopaedic Institute to provide this course.
Cranial closing wedge osteotomy has become a popular technique for the treatment of canine cranial cruciate ligament disease in dogs that have a steep tibial plateau or joint angle, such as West Highland Terriers. It can also be a preferred method of treatment in smaller dogs where techniques like TTA may be difficult. In this one day highly practical cadaver based course we cover the key objectives of this surgery before practising the technique on saw bone and then in the wet lab for a hands-on practical.
Topics to be covered include:
- Biomechanics of the cruciate ligament deficient stifle and cranial closing wedge osteotomy
- Patient assessment and the selection of candidates for CCWO
- Pre-operative surgical planning and implant selection
- Familiarisation with and appropriate use of instrumentation
- Understanding the post-operative management of patients
- Identifying potential complications and how to avoid/deal with them
- Practicing the surgical technique taught in a dry lab and wet lab
***If TTA and CCWO booked together we offer complimentary accommodation @ Staybridge Suites for the 24th September***
*Course not included on 5 courses for the price of 4 offer*