Practical Dentistry for Nurses
204a Manor Place,
London. SE17 3BN
This one-day dentistry course will look at the nurses’ role in small animal dentistry and how to bring this important subject to the forefront in practice.
This lecture will cover periodontal disease, oral and dental examination as well as dental instruments and their maintenance. It will also cover dental clinics giving delegates the confidence to establish these effectively in their practices.
Topics to be covered include:
- Understand and identify normal dentition in the dog and cat
- Understand how to perform a thorough oral and dental examination
- Be able to create and interpret a completed dental chart
- Understand the pathogenesis of periodontal disease, and perform safe and effective treatments (including scaling, polishing, subgingival debridement)
- Be able to identify and provide correct maintenance for a variety of dental instruments
- Be able to set up effective dental clinics and make recommendations on effective homecare