Introduction to Orthopaedics
204a Manor Place,
London SE17 3BN
This 2 day course is aimed at anybody wishing to develop their confidence and surgical skills with respect to orthopaedic surgery. The course will cover many of the common orthopaedic presentations seen in practice on a daily basis with seminars, interactive sessions and hands-on surgical practicals guided by an experienced and knowledgeable tutor.
The purpose of the course is to give participants the knowledge and confidence to take these newly acquired skills back to their practice where they can then deal with many of the common orthopaedic conditions.
What You’ll Learn:
- Revise and update skills identifying and treating osteoarthritis
- A look at Elbow dysplasia
- Surgical approach to the medial coronoid process of the elbow
- The use of pins and wires to repair basic fractures in practice
- Surgical approach to the hip – including Toggle pinning technique and Femoral Head and Neck Excision arthroplasty (FHNE)
- Surgical approach to the stifle including menisectomy
- Lateral fabellotibial Suture (Lateral retinacular suture) technique for Cranial Cruciate Ligament injury
- Patellar Luxation Surgery