Infection Control in Veterinary Practice
204a Manor Place,
London. SE17 3BN
Offer valid until 30/06/2021
Nosocomial infections – How can we stop them? And as veterinary nurses how can we ensure that our clients and colleagues are reducing the risks of transmitting these infections? This course will look at different aspects and considerations for infection control within the practice setting.
Topics to be covered include:
- Best theatre practice, including staff attire and its impact on patient safety
- Patient preparation for catheter placement and surgical procedures
- Importance and techniques for appropriate hand hygiene
- Cleaning and disinfection, including the selection of disinfectants
- The VNs role in reducing antimicrobial resistance in practice and the incidence of multidrug resistant infections
- Significance of zoonotic diseases how we should be educating our clients and managing patients
- Biosecurity concerns around raw feeding in the hospital environment and measures that should be taken when nursing patients being fed raw diets.