A five-part learning series with specialist Rachel Perry covering feline dentistry.
Feline dentistry notoriously strikes fear into many veterinary surgeons. The prevalence of diseases such as periodontitis and resorption, combined with inappropriate equipment and technique and lack of dental radiography can quickly lead to stressful scenarios and potentially catastrophic complications for the feline patient.
This learning series aims to provide the necessary information for performing feline dentistry efficiently and atraumatically; thereby reducing vet stress, improving patient outcomes and client satisfaction.
Topics covered include:
- Normal feline dental & oral anatomy
- Performing a thorough oral examination by probing, recording findings on a dental chart
- Obtaining full mouth diagnostic dental radiographs
- Diagnosing the commonly encountered dental diseases in the cat
- Utilising dental nerve blocks safely as part of a dental analgesic plan
- Efficient & atraumatic tooth extraction
In association with...