This is a one day course with Martha Cannon which will cover reducing the impact of stress with cats in the clinic and improving outcomes.
A visit to the vet can be a stressful experience for cats. For a species that needs a sense of control, territory and familiarity to feel safe, a trip to the vets is frightening. The distress this causes to the cat and also to their owner is a leading cause of cats not receiving the veterinary care they need and deserve. Taking a cat’s eye view of the whole journey from home to consulting room to ward and back again can open our eyes to the needs of cats and their owners, allowing us to make simple changes that make a big difference. This course will look at all aspects of developing a more feline friendly ethos and the multiple advantages that it can bring to the patient outcomes, the practice and the veterinary team as well as the cats and their owners.
Topics to be covered:
- Cat Whispering – Handling Cats the Easy Way
- Reducing In-Patient Stress to Improve Outcomes
- Pain Scoring and Analgesia for Cats
- Safe Sedation for Fractious Cats and Sick Cats
- Improving the Cat Owner's Experience – Turning “difficult” clients into your biggest fans